surprise haiku for the 2008 year
Nothing much here right now. For the 'West 5 Web Site', a site for my residence in my second term
of University, click here.
Here is a small selection of links to interesting subdirs on this server (directory name alphabetical order):
- BOOB - My slow & incomplete QBASIC-compatible interpreter written in .NET
- BloadRocks - NEW A clone I created of a popular online game called RoadBlocks
- bubblegum - "I have come to chew bubblegum and kick ass" (They Live, John Carpenter, 1988)
- C# Flex, now a SourceForge project
- cup_gui - A GUI I created for C# CUP after I ported Java CUP to C#
- doa3 - Ending videos for Dead or Alive 3 (X-Box)
- food - FOOD, a Wolfenstein-like engine written in QBASIC
- f###_quest - Screenshots from an interesting game I stumbled upon, in the style of Sierra's LSL
- halloween2005 - NEW Halloween 2005 Pumpkins
- halloween2006 - NEW Halloween 2006 Pumpkins
- halloween2007 - NEW Halloween 2007 Pumpkins
- img2wav - An experiment with turning images into audio, with the image embedded spectrally
- ivy - NEW Ivy, an image viewer I created in C#
- JITTest - An old version of a simple JIT engine I created purely as a challenge to myself
- JPEG - An interactive demonstration of the artifacts introduced by low-quality JPEG compression
- katako - An alphabet I created for a language that doesn't exist yet
- kbd - A keyboard handler for use with QuickBASIC, to make game writing easier
- lambo - A lamborghini I saw during a road trip
- logicpic - A remote photo database system I created, partly as an experiment into creating custom URL handlers
- mipsdbg - An interactive debugger with integrated assembler & linker for a modified MIPS level 1, created to help with a CS course on compilers
- mirror - NEW A small driver I created for linux to mirror an entire drive across two disks.
- mode13 - The location of the files for Mode13 (the main project site is here)
- mss - Some screenshots of the e-mail server suite I am in the process of making, called MessageStore Server (MSS)
- MultiPLAY - An old version of my MOD/MTM/S3M/IT player, which can also parse QBASIC PLAY sequences
- osd - NEW A small command-line tool I created for displaying temporary OSD text popups.
- PATH - NEW An old path-finding algorithm I created in QuickBASIC with a demonstration app that "grows" maps.
- perlin_particles - Particle effects with motion determined by Perlin noise
- pics - Some pictures (full-res -- 3,008x2,000 pixels): my sister, an odd-looking vehicle I could not identify during a road trip, some nice sunset shots.
- qbroto - Various rotozoomers and related things written in QuickBASIC
- runway_lights - NEW A nifty little project I did at my parents' place to help people backing out of the driveway.
- slamkey - NEW An experiment in making an online scores list unhackable. :-)
- SLcompiler - A baby compiler I wrote for a CS course
- sniper - Video files extracted from Ghost In The Shell: Stand-Alone Complex, depicting the two instances where a sniper picks off a target. Rather graphic.
- sparkly! - Oooo, sparkly! (in broken, romanized Japanese)
- Disk replacements #1 and #2 on my 1-terabyte RAID-5 array
- uSketch - A clone of iSketch, playable but someone needs to run a server
- vax - Some pictures of my VAX
On a different server, if you are interested in my resume, you can view it at the following URL: